Friday, August 22, 2008

Just what I need...more fabric!

After work yesterday, I went to Fabricland with my friend Sylvie. They were having a 40% off sale. I was able to pick up some of the fabric I need for my daughters' Halloween costumes. I want to get an early start on these since Sylvie and I have signed up for a raincoat class at Darrell Thomas Textiles during September and October, so I'll be working on that too.

Daughter #1 wants to be a bluejay (the bird, not the baseball player). I'll be using Simplicity 3663. I picked up this slinky fleece (this a not a great picture...). They had just enough for the wings and back. I think I'll use regular fleece for the belly.


Daughter #2 wants to be a soldier. I'll be using Simplicity 3997, but, of course, she'll be carrying a Canadian flag... I picked up this cotton camoflauge twill.


I also picked up some stetch lace to make the Jalie Brazilian panties for myself.

No comments: