Saturday, August 16, 2008

Feeling guilty...

I was home alone yesterday (my girls left in the morning for weekend away with their father) and I didn't do any sewing. I had to stay home as I was waiting for my new clothes dryer to arrive.

I did cut the lawn (if you can call the weeds in my backyard a lawn) and cleaned out some of the girls toy boxes (how many toys can two girls actually play with?? I can only throw things away when they're not here...) but I didn't do anything sewing related, except play around with my storyboard, (again!), and spend too much time on the computer reading about sewing.

I think part of my problem is that I don't have a dedicated sewing room (or space even). My sewing machine and serger are on a table in the corner of my bedroom. I need to pull out my cutting table and/or ironing board when I want to work on something, and then need to put it away afterwards. With two kids, two cats, and a BF that occasionally stays over, I can't leave my stuff out. So it often just seems like too much work...

I think I need to look into either finishing part of my basement to use as a sewing room, or merging my small home office with a sewing room. At least I'll be able to shut the door. Of course, that may not last long as my daughters are currently sharing a small bedroom and may one day decide they'd like separate rooms...

No comments: