Sunday, October 26, 2008

What have I gotten myself into??

I'm working on my daughters' Halloween costumes. The soldier costume is almost finished. My daughter just needs to try it on so I can hem the sleeves and pant legs and do the buttons.

The bluejay costume, on the other hand, is turning into a nightmare. Part of it is my own fault for procratinating and now being in a rush to finish. The silky fleece I'm using is crazy making. I have shiny blue fluff all over everything in the house because it sheds when you cut it, or touch it for that matter. Then the sewing. It's slippery!! And to top it off, I sewed the wrong pant legs together and had to rip the seam out - one stitch at a time. Of course, my thread was a perfect match and my eyes aren't what they used to be...

I did have a bit of an a-ha moment this morning...maybe my walking foot will help with the slippery sewing?...I hope so!

Did I mention that the girls have a Sparks meeting tomorrow night and they are supposed to wear their costumes?! And I have to take them to a birthday party this afternoon?

Wish me luck...

2 comments:

Shelley's Garden said...

The costumes you're working on sound wonderful! But costumes certainly are a lot of work.

Sylvie said...

Wow Kathy,

You must be exhausted by now as I suppose the costumes are completed by now. Too bad I just came back from Italy, I could have helped you.